Filtering ranking lists by country

Official classic waterskiers Ranking lists
podracer

Filtering ranking lists by country

Post by podracer »

Would it be possible to implement a function so one can filter by country in the ranking lists?

If added to this it was possible also sort by best competition and not limited for normal homolagtion which would mean that our national Swedish federation didn't need to do this manually (with it's drawbacks regarding timing, misspelling, missprint etc.).

As a bonus all normal homolagtion competitions would be registered in the data base.

//Tobias
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filtering ranking lists by country

Post by admin »

podracer wrote:Would it be possible to implement a function so one can filter by country in the ranking lists?

If added to this it was possible also sort by best competition and not limited for normal homolagtion which would mean that our national Swedish federation didn't need to do this manually (with it's drawbacks regarding timing, misspelling, missprint etc.).

As a bonus all normal homolagtion competitions would be registered in the data base.

//Tobias
Hello Tobias,

Sorry, at present, this is not possible to implement it.

Regards,
RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

Hi,

this is very sad. Actually, this would also be of great help for the German federation and I can imagine, for many others too. I can actually hardly imagine, that this should be such a big deal. Of course, I do not know the implementation, so this is just educated guessing. Anyway, aside from the feature in the web-end, would it then be possible to have a kind of export functionality for the federations? A simple CSV or XLS of each ranking and skier would be enough, I guess. Then each federeation would be able to more easily create their own rankings based on your official results.

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

senge wrote:Hi,

this is very sad. Actually, this would also be of great help for the German federation and I can imagine, for many others too. I can actually hardly imagine, that this should be such a big deal. Of course, I do not know the implementation, so this is just educated guessing. Anyway, aside from the feature in the web-end, would it then be possible to have a kind of export functionality for the federations? A simple CSV or XLS of each ranking and skier would be enough, I guess. Then each federeation would be able to more easily create their own rankings based on your official results.

Robin
Hi Robin,

Actually, the ranking list (RL) are fix (not generated) html pages: this is the reason it is not possible to filter by a country.

Also, federations RL do not necessarily obey the same rules as the E&A one:
- some federations may have some lower homologation levels (national, regional), which are filtered out from E&A RL
- some federations may want to have standing list (based on best score), instead of ranking list (based on 2 best scores)
- some federations do have other overall formulas, which makes fed. overall RL different from a filtered overall E&A RL
(ex: German federation have -or had ?- their own overall formulas)

It would be possible to generate federation RL provided those rules are known.

Regards,
RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

Hi,
I can only talk about the cableski divison of the German federation. We follow the standard rules of the IWWF Cableski division, except for one thing. We indeed have one lower homologation level, which we call the "small homologation". Competitions, complying with this level, must be included in our national ranking.

Another possibility would be, that you provide a small API or just a CSV-export functionality. That would be enough for national federations to seamlessly import the results of their skiers and then provide their own ranking list.

What do you think, work's best?

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can only talk about the cableski divison of the German federation. We follow the standard rules of the IWWF Cableski division, except for one thing. We indeed have one lower homologation level, which we call the "small homologation". Competitions, complying with this level, must be included in our national ranking.

Another possibility would be, that you provide a small API or just a CSV-export functionality. That would be enough for national federations to seamlessly import the results of their skiers and then provide their own ranking list.

What do you think, work's best?

Robin
Hi,

I will see to make an export of all lists in csv or Excel format.

RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

That's great!

This will will help.

Thanks.

Robin
senge

Post by senge »

Hi,

when do you think, will the csv export be available?

Best regards,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

when do you think, will the csv export be available?

Best regards,

Robin
It is available now.
Use link "export to csv" on RL page.

Regards,
RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

Thanks, that's great! Can you also do this for cableski?

Robin